Teaching English online since 2003
Book your lessons
Terms and Conditions
Courses will not begin until full payment is received.
Cancellation / Amendment
- 24 hours' notice (minimum) is required for amendment or cancellation of confirmed lessons. Some teachers may allow bookings and cancellations under 24 hours but this is at their discretion.
- Any booked lessons that you do not attend will be counted.
- If the teacher needs to cancel or amend a lesson, you will be given a minimum of 24 hours' notice. (Cancellations or amendments by our teachers are very rare)
- If you are late for a lesson, the teacher will remain available for the whole lesson duration from the agreed start time. The decision to add extra time at the end of the lesson will be at the teacher’s discretion.
In the unlikely event that the teacher is late, the teacher must add any extra time at the end of the lesson or at a later date of your convenience.
Course expiry date
- All courses are valid for 12 months after the day of purchase. Any lessons not taken after this period will be lost so it is important to make sure you take all your lessons within the time frame (12 months).
Course time zone
it is your responsibility to select your correct time zone when you book your lessons. You can book your lessons without creating an account in the new booking calendar system. However, if you do create an account, you can fix your time-zone permanently so just click on 'Register for an Account' after booking a lesson.
If you make a request to always have the same teacher, we will make every effort to arrange this but it cannot be guaranteed. We do encourage you to try different teachers so that you experience different English accents and methodology which will help your progress. You must make sure you have added the teacher's Skype user name to your contacts before the first lesson. You will find this on the 'Teacher Profile' page when you log in.
- We prefer 'Zoom' (https://zoom.us/) to give lessons. It is included free when you buy a course. When you come to your first lesson the software will be quickly downloaded to your computer device.
- If you prefer, you can use Google Hangouts (https://hangouts.google.com/). If you choose this, it is your responsibility to make sure you are logged in to the correct Google (Hangouts) account before your lesson. You must also give SpeakEnglishOnline your Google email address that you use with Hangouts before your course commences.
- Always check your audio (headset microphone + speakers) is working in good time before your lesson starts.
- If there is a technical problem, you should use Skype and make sure you have informed SpeakEnglishOnline of your Skype user name before your course commences.
- We are unable to refund any lessons where potential technical issues have not been tested before the start of the lesson.
Thank you for your understanding and compliance
© Speak English Ltd. 2003 - 2017